BizTalk PowerShell Scripts

I finally put my set of PowerShell script samples for BizTalk Server administration together into a single git repository over at GitHub. As a reference, here are the blog posts covering each of those scripts: Controlling BizTalk Orchestrations with PowerShell BizTalk Ports with PowerShell BTS Suspended Messaging Instances with PowerShell...

What’s in a tagline?

The current subtitle in this blog is By daemons be driven. I thought many might recognize where it comes  from, but for those who might stumble on this page and are not metal fans, I should point out that this is a simple play on words.   The line comes...

PowerShell and Null Values

I love Windows PowerShell, I really do. However, some of its language features drive me crazy sometimes. One of those is propagation of null values on expressions involving the ‘.’ operator for property access. Basically the problem is this: Suppose you have a variable $x, and you reference a property...

Enhancing ps1.vim

I use the excellent ps1.vim script originally written by Peter Provost to provide syntax highlighting for PowerShell scripts in Vim, and I’ve been very happy with it in general. However, PowerShell V2 is coming with a few extra syntax enhancements and there were always a couple minor issues that bugged...

A Gotcha Writing Messages

I’ve been working a lot with low-level contracts in Windows Communication Foundation that send and receive raw System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message objects. These are fairly flexible, though the API can be a bit confusing. One of the things I was doing was making sure I was doing proper streaming of large messages, which...

The Case of the Unused Input Channel

While working on a custom WCF transport channel implementation I ran into a problem that baffled me for a while. As usual, the problem ended being caused by my own fault, but it was hard to figure what was actually going wrong :-). The problem revolved around a the ChannelListener...

Final Ubuntu Hibernate Touches

As I commented back in December, I “fixed” the hibernate functionality in Ubuntu 8.10 on my Dell Latitude D820 by making sure there was an active swap partition configured for the resume functionality. This wasn’t quite true, however. Hibernate seemed to work. but occasionally (about 33% of the time), it...

SvcUtil: Endpoint Cannot Be Configured

I’ve been working the past week on some custom WCF transport channels. It’s been pretty instructive, though it can be a bit of a frustrating experience at times. The past couple of days, I’ve been busy getting metadata/policy export/import working correctly, and ran into an error when using SvcUtil.exe to...

ViEmu’s Keybindings Dialog

ViEmu is a Vi/Vim emulator add-in for Visual Studio that is the only one I consider a must-have in my Visual Studio arsenal: I love it. I’ve mentioned ViEmu on this blog in the past, and I still consider ViEmu a wonderful addition to make Visual Studio usable for us...

Vim Swap Files

This is another one of those pesky Vim posts I do from time to time. Today’s one is about a feature that I rarely paid much attention to, until it started driving me crazy: Swap files. Vim’s swap files are, by default, created with the .swp extension right next to...